2020/21 Call for Proposals
California Society of Association Executives (CalSAE)
Share your knowledge! Be one of our content leaders! The California Society of Association Executives (CalSAE) offers educational programs year-round led by experts in the association community, including association professionals, consultants, and industry partners, and is a CAE Approved Provider. It's the place where association professionals based in California come together for learning and networking. We love "what if..." thinking, as well as the practical "how-tos" (at a high-level). Be creative, think outside the box, and take some risks in putting together your proposal.
With everything that is going on due to COVID, the world of meetings and conferences as we know it has changed. As much as we love our face-to-face events, we have been forced to pivot to virtual experiences. With so many unknowns, we ask for flexibility when it comes to how our programs are presented. We are looking for speakers who can not only deliver a phenomenal face-to-face presentation, but also an engaging virtual one. So, take off the limitations and let your creativity show!
Submission Deadline: Friday, August 14, 2020, 5:00pm PDT
- Seasonal Spectacular — December 14-15, 2020 | Sacramento, CA**
- ELEVATE Annual Conference — April 26-28, 2021 | Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel & Convention Center**
- Membership & Marketing Summit — June 2021 | Sacramento, CA**
- Webinars — 2020-2021
- All Other Programs — 2020-2021**
** Currently exploring both hybrid and virtual options.
Please note, if you submit your proposal prior to an event date being set, we will contact you to confirm your availability.
Insider Tips for Your Proposal
- Content is King — Especially for ELEVATE since the initial review will be “blind,” meaning that your name, company, and bio won’t be revealed until later in the process.
- Make It Compelling — Our audiences are typically composed of non-profit association executives, their staff, and industry partners who run the gamut from hotel sales managers to professional service providers and consultants. Learning levels are diverse, with the majority of participants being high-level/theoretical to mid-level/practical.
- Be Authentic & Vulnerable — Speak of failure as well as success.
- Challenge Yourself — If it’s canned, it’s Spam and not the gourmet experiences we’re looking for.
- Knowledge Sharing is the Most Effective Marketing — Our participants are savvy professionals. Sales pitches disguised as education will result in poor ratings and lost opportunities.
- Be Interactive — Our programs are a terrific opportunity to learn from participants as they learn from you and from each other. The ability for attendees to engage with each other (and develop relationships) is an important part of the experience.
Honorarium & Travel Reimbursement (if applicable)
- Honorariums are not provided for most CalSAE events. Travel stipends may be provided for those without the financial support of their company and who are traveling a long distance to participate. Please indicate any special requests in your proposal.
- ELEVATE & Summits - Content leaders selected through the Call for Proposals receive discounted registration and are encouraged to participate in other programs during the conference.
Submitting Your Proposal
- Create a ProposalSpace account if you don't already have one.
- Complete both the "Content" and "Persons" forms in order to submit. Up to five proposals can be submitted per person (as primary).
- Be sure to select "Submit This Proposal”. You will know you've successfully completed the process when the receipt screen appears.
Proposals will go through a review process with the Professional Development Committee (PDC). Selections will be made by mid-November 2020. At which point, submitters will receive an email to confirm whether their proposal has been selected or not. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience!
Start a proposal
To start a proposal for this call, sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.