2024 MTA Summer Conference Request for Proposals
Massachusetts Teachers Association
The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) requests proposals for the 2024 MTA Summer Conference. The conference is scheduled for July 28-31 at the University of Massachusetts –Amherst. Our conference attracts MTA members from public schools, colleges, and universities, including teachers, faculty, professional staff, education support professionals, and retirees.
This year’s conference theme is Rethinking Education for a Transformative Future.
MTA’s Division of Training & Professional Learning seeks proposals in all topic areas related to the conference theme. We are especially interested in receiving proposals for the following categories:
- Rethinking our own power and privileged positions, individually and collectively
- Transforming our schools to be more equitable and just
- Organizing our locals to be responsive to and representative of diverse populations
Professional and Career Development
- Transforming instructional practices to meet the diverse needs of all learners.
- Transforming schools, colleges, and universities to fully support students, families, communities, and employees.
- Rethinking educator and student work with technology, including the benefits and challenges of generative artificial intelligence.
Union Skills and Leadership
- Organizing members for successful contract campaigns and workplace issues.
- Bargaining and Advocacy training that builds skilled, democratic, and effective teams.
- Leadership Skills and Development to sharpen the skills of existing leaders and to train the upcoming generations.
The deadline for this Request for Proposals is Sunday, March 3, 2024, at 11:59 PM. Presenters will be notified by March 29, 2024, whether their proposal will be included in the conference schedule.
We are seeking proposals of the following lengths:
- 60-90 minutes - These spaces will be minimal.
- 3 hours - To take place in the morning and afternoon.
- 12+ hours - Programs over 2-3 days, including Union Skills and Leadership track programs and programs for which we can issue Professional Development Points to PreK-12 teachers seeking license renewal. If your program is PDP eligible, we will also ask if you are interested in presenting at other times during the summer.
Start a proposal
To start a proposal for this call, first sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.