2022 AGC IT Conference Call for Speakers
Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America
AGC is excited to launch its call for proposals for the 2022 AGC IT Conference for Construction Professionals, to be held at the Fairmont Chicago August 16-18, 2022.
It was great seeing everyone back in person last year! We are staying in Chicago for a while and we look forward to seeing you agian. Needless to say, we will be following the most up-to-date safety measures to make sure that our attendees, presenters, and sponsors can participate in a safe manner.
We do realize though that some things have changed, and if presenter would prefer to do a remote presentation, we accomodate it. You will have a chance in the submission form to state your preference.
Our goal remains to offer attendees fresh, cutting-edge information to enhance their conference experience and provide great learning and takeaways along with premier networking and collaboration opportunities. We are working hard ensuring the conference brings to both presenters and attendees the opportunity to engage during and after the sessions.
The conference will be organized into General Sessions and Breakout Sessions focused on the following areas:
- IT and the Business
- Field to Office Communications
- Project Management
- User Adoption
- Technical/Core IT
We will review all proposals that have a focus on information technology, preferably related or applicable to the construction industry.
As always, we will feature our signature “Affordable Solutions” session, and other ad-hoc and collaborative open-microphone sessions.
The conference will run from Tuesday to Thursday, with Tuesday dedicated to training sessions and a welcome reception.
These are approximately 45-minute to one-hour full-assembly sessions. We are seeking content on the following topics for up to five General Session slots.
These are 25 to 45-minute presentations held in separate breakout rooms. We expect to have from eight to twelve breakout sessions.
What to consider when creating your session
- Case studies demonstrating innovative uses of technology
- Presentations on VR/AR/Mixed Reality highlighting IT involvement
- Use cases supporting BIM, 3D Printing, Drones, Laser Scanning, etc. and impacts on IT landscape
- Enhancements to fundamental processes using emerging technology: 5G, Prefabrication, Robotics, Wearables, Digital Twins
- The emerging role of the self-defined construction technologist and their role as a partner to IT
- IT Strategy and Business Strategy – the convergence of Information Technology and Operational Technologies (OT)
- Development stories highlighting the journey from the server room to the board room
- Is this different for construction professionals?
- Collaborative Solutions
- Enterprise Management Solutions Implementation
- Using data analytics to highlight process/productivity issues and make decisions
- Everyone loves a good lessons-learned session; what have you or your peers experienced, good or bad?
- What are the most important strategies to consider when investing in a new solution?
What’s in It for You as a Presenter?
You will have the chance to share your knowledge and experience, and that of your company, with the more than 250 Construction IT professionals who attend the AGC IT conference every year!
Speaking will enhance your professional profile and increase exposure for your business or practice. Speakers can network with dedicated construction IT professionals and influence other thought leaders and decision makers. In addition, you will contribute to the advancement of your profession and help to solve common challenges across the construction industry.
In addition to the conference, we are planning to invite selected speakers to provide an updated version of their session as an online, post-conference event. This aims to increase your opportunity of engaging with attendees.
Rules for Presenting
- Please provide appropriate and catchy title which accurately reflects presentation content.
- Engaging PowerPoint or other presentation platforms - try to avoid “death by bullet points” or a “wall of words”
- Readable font size
- Elevate audience engagement – speakers could include a poll in their presentation to keep audience engaged
- Key actionable takeaways and real-world examples to empower attendees
- These presentations are not Product Demonstrations. When applicable, live or recorded demonstrations are encouraged.
- Demonstration of the real-world application of a concept or solution mentioned in the presentation
- Presentations should not be sales pitches. If you are a consultant, product or service supplier to the construction industry, you must add a contractor as a co-presenter.
How to Submit
All proposals must be submitted online using this link by Tuesday, May 31st, 2022. To submit a proposal you can register for free here, then select the 2021 AGC IT Conference for Construction Professionals Call for Speakers from the list of programs to begin building your proposal. You can submit a maximum of two proposals. If need to submit more than two proposals, reach out to us.
- Create a free Proposal Space Account
- Click on Start a Proposal
- Select the 2021 AGC IT Conference for Construction Professionals
- Start building your proposal
- Proposals can contain presentation ready content or abstract content
All proposals must be received by COB Tuesday, May 31st, 2022.
Selection and Notification
Proposals must meet or exceed the criteria listed in the submission instructions. Submission of a proposal does not guarantee inclusion in the Conference schedule. All proposals will be reviewed, and the point of contact notified whether their presentation was selected.
Presenters selected for a General or Breakout Session will be invited to two short meetings to let them see what others will be presenting and ensure their presentations align well with those in the same track. We expect to have a 15-minute call in early June to review slides, and a longer call (30') in late June.
Start a proposal
To start a proposal for this call, first sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.