2021/2022 Call for Proposals
California Society of Association Executives (CalSAE)
Share your knowledge by becoming a CalSAE content leader! The California Society of Association Executives (CalSAE) is a CAE Approved Provider of year-round educational programs led by experts in the association community including association professionals, consultants, and industry partners. It's where association professionals based in California come together for learning and networking. We love "what if..." thinking, as well as the practical "how-tos" (at a high level). Be creative, think outside the box, and take some risks in putting together your proposal. DARE to be different!
Now that we’ve been through one of the toughest years and things are starting to get back to some sort of normalcy, let’s look ahead and focus on what’s NEXT. Your topics should be thought-provoking and focused on the future and how to build from what we’ve learned.
Submission Deadline: Friday, July 16, 2021, 5:00 p.m. PST
- Seasonal Spectacular — December 14-15, 2021 | SAFE Credit Union, Convention Center, Sacramento, CA
- ELEVATE Annual Conference — April 25-27, 2022 | Resort at Squaw Creek, Olympic Valley, CA
- Membership & Marketing Summit — June 17, 2022 | Sacramento, CA
- Webinars — 2021-2022
- All Other Programs — 2021-2022
Please note, if you submit your proposal prior to an event date being set, we will contact you to confirm your availability.
Insider Tips for Your Proposal
- Content is King — Especially for ELEVATE since the initial review will be “blind,” meaning that your name, company, and bio won’t be revealed until later in the process.
- Make It Compelling — Our audiences are typically composed of non-profit association executives, their staff, and industry partners who run the gamut from hotel sales managers to professional service providers and consultants. Learning levels are diverse, with the majority of participants being high-level/theoretical to mid-level/practical.
- Be Authentic & Vulnerable — Speak of failure as well as success.
- Challenge Yourself — If it’s canned, it’s Spam and not the gourmet experiences we’re looking for.
- Knowledge Sharing is the Most Effective Marketing — Our participants are savvy professionals. Sales pitches disguised as education will result in poor ratings and lost opportunities.
- Be Interactive — Our programs are a terrific opportunity to learn from participants as they learn from you and from each other. The ability for attendees to engage with each other (and develop relationships) is an important part of the experience.
Honorarium & Travel Reimbursement (if applicable)
- Honorariums are not provided for most CalSAE events. Travel stipends may be provided for those without the financial support of their company and who are traveling a long distance to participate. Please indicate any special requests in your proposal.
- ELEVATE & Summits - Content leaders selected through the Call for Proposals receive discounted registration and are encouraged to participate in other programs during the conference.
Submitting Your Proposal
- Create a ProposalSpace account if you don't already have one.
- Complete both the "Content" and "Persons" forms in order to submit. Up to five proposals can be submitted per person (as primary).
- Be sure to select "Submit This Proposal”. You will know you've successfully completed the process when the receipt screen appears.
Proposals will go through a review process by our various committees. Selections for Seasonal will be made by end-August 2021 and ELEVATE will be towards the end of the year. All other programs will be at various times depending on the event date. At which point, submitters will receive an email to confirm whether their proposal has been selected or not. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience!
Start a proposal
To start a proposal for this call, first sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.