CANP 43rd Annual Educational Conference - Call for Abstracts
California Association for Nurse Practitioners (CANP)
Current plans for the CANP's 2021 conference, taking place March 18-22, include hosting an in-person event. However, given the many unknown factors related to the Covid-19 pandemic, we also are prepared to present the conference virtually. The decision to present the conference virtually will be made collaboratively and with the Association's leaders, members, community, and patients' best interests in mind. If the Association determines it is best to present the conference virtually, speakers will be asked to present their session via an online platform.
We encourage presenters to ensure they are comfortable presenting virtually, before submitting an abstract. Please note, if the conference is presented virtually, the schedule will be amended, and we may not be able to accommodate all presentations. As such, we will select presentations based on abstract score and submission date.
To submit an abstract, enter your abstract nickname in the green box at the bottom of the page.
Types of Abstracts
The Annual Educational Conference aims to provide a curriculum that is in alignment with CANP’s mission of serving as the unifying voice and networking forum for nurse practitioners, providing expert guidance and advancing the nurse practitioner profession statewide. Based on that goal, CANP invites the submission of abstracts addressing a wide variety of subspecialty areas including, but not limited to:
- Acute Care
- Adult Health
- Alternative Medicine
- Cardiovascular Health
- Infectious Disease
- Pain Management
- Practice Management
- Psychosocial Health
- Reproductive Health
- Respiratory Health
- Symptom Management
- Women’s Health
Required Information and Timeline
- Speaker Information
- First and Last Name,
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address (CANP allows up to three speakers for each session).
- Speaker Biography (must not exceed 150 words)
- Practice background and how that background and experience directly relates to their qualifications to present on the proposed topic.
- Abstract Information
- Title of abstract
- Abstract in 250 words or less
- Abstract summary (25 words or less)
- To be used in the agenda and other marketing materials
- Presentation Objectives
- Pharmacology Content
- Amount of Pharmacology Requested
- Presentation Information
- Presentations Materials: Speakers are required to submit a copy of their PowerPoint presentation for both oral and poster presentations.
- PowerPoint files must be labeled in the following format: First Name, Last Name, and Topic in all capital letters (example: JOAN SMITH – EMERGENCY ROOM TRAUMA).
- Sample PowerPoint
- Abstract Submissions Due - Friday, October 16, 2020
- Presenters notified if their abstract was accepted - Friday, November 6
- Final PowerPoint presentations due.- Friday, February 12, 2021
- Speakers that do not submit their presentations by this date will be canceled.
For additional information and frequently asked questions, please visit CANP's website to review the 2021 Call for Abstracts.
Start an abstract
To start an abstract for this call, sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.