2021 AGC IT Conference Call for Speakers
Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America
AGC is excited to launch its call for proposals for the 2021 AGC IT Conference for Construction Professionals, to be held at the Hilton Chicago from August 10-12, 2021.
Last year's virtual conference was a success and an amazing learning experience, but we really missed the one-on-one conversations we had with you back in 2019, so this year's event will be in person, in Chicago.
Our goal remains to offer attendees fresh, cutting-edge information to enhance their conference experience and provide great learning and takeaways along with premier networking and collaboration opportunities, and for that we are working on ensuring the conference brings to both presenters and attendees the opportunity to engage during and after the sessions.
The conference will be organized into General Sessions and Breakout Sessions focused on the following areas:
- LEANing into IT
- The Enterprise Advantage
- The Human Side of IT
- Technical/Core IT
We will review all proposals that have a focus on IT, preferrably related or applicable to the construction industry.
As always, we will feature our signature Affordable Solutions session and other ad-hoc, collaborative, open-mic sessions. The conference will run from Tuesday to Thursday, with Tuesday dedicated to training sessions and a welcome reception.
These are approximately 45-minute to one-hour full-assembly sessions. We are seeking content on the following topics for no less than two General Session slots.
These are 25 to 45-minute presentations held in separate breakout rooms. We will strive to avoid overlapping of breakout sessions, so more participants can join each.
Consider the following for your session:
- Everyone loves a good lessons-learned session; what have you or your peers experienced, good or bad?
- What are the most important strategies to consider when investing in a new solution?
- Case studies demonstrating innovative uses of technology
- Presentations on VR/AR/Mixed Reality highlighting IT involvement
- Use cases supporting BIM, 3D Printing, Drones, Laser Scanning, etc. and impacts on IT landscape
- Enhancements to fundamental processes using emerging technology: 5G, Prefabrication, Robotics, Wearables, Digital Twins
- The emerging role of the self-defined construction technologist and their role as a partner to IT
- IT Strategy and Business Strategy – the convergence of Information Technology and Operational Technologies (OT)
- Development stories highlighting the journey from the server room to the board room
- Is this different for construction professionals?
- Collaborative Solutions
- Enterprise Management Solutions Implementation
- Using data analytics to highlight process/productivity issues and make decisions
What’s In It for You as a Presenter?
You will have the chance to share your knowledge and experience, and that of your company, with the more than 250 Construction IT professionals who attend the AGC IT conference every year!
Speaking will enhance your professional profile and increase exposure for your business or practice. Speakers can network with dedicated construction IT professionals and influence other thought leaders and decision makers. In addition, you will contribute to the advancement of your profession and help to solve common challenges across the construction industry.
AGC of America is working to ensure a safe and educational on-site experience.
Rules for Presenting
- Please provide appropriate and catchy title which accurately reflects presentation content.
- Engaging PowerPoint or other presentation platforms - try to avoid “death by bullet points” or a “wall of words”
- Readable font size
- Elevate audience engagement – speakers could include a poll in their presentation to keep audience engaged
- Key actionable takeaways and real-world examples to empower attendees
- These presentations are not Product Demonstrations. When applicable, live or recorded demonstrations are encouraged.
- Demonstration of the real-world application of a concept or solution mentioned in the presentation
- Presentations should not be sales pitches. If you are a consultant, product or service supplier to the construction industry, you must add a contractor as a co-presenter.
How to Submit
All proposals must be submitted online using this link by June 1st, 2021. To submit a proposal you can register for free here, then select the 2021 AGC IT Conference for Construction Professionals Call for Speakers from the list of programs to begin building your proposal. Each individual can submit a maximum of two proposals.
- Create a free Proposal Space Account
- Click on Start a Proposal
- Select the 2021 AGC IT Conference for Construction Professionals
- Start building your proposal
- Proposals can contain presentation ready content or abstract content
All proposals must be received by COB Tuesday, June 1st, 2021.
Selection and Notification
Proposals must meet or exceed the criteria listed in the submission instructions. Submission of a proposal does not guarantee inclusion in the Conference schedule. All proposals will be reviewed, and the point of contact notified whether their presentation was selected on or around June 15th, 2021.
Presenters selected for a General or Breakout Session will be invited to two short meetings to let them see what others will be presenting and ensure their presentations align well with those in the same track. We expect to have a 15-minute call in late June to review slides, and a longer call (providing 30 minutes for each presenter) in early July.
Start a proposal
To start a proposal for this call, first sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.