Advanced Research in Financial Planning Conference 2023
Academy of Financial Services
The Academy of Financial Services is hosting the annual AFS Annual Research Conference in Phoenix AZ, titled “Advanced Research in Financial Planning”. This international meeting of researchers, practitioners, graduate students and leaders of financial planning practice and services is designed to be a forum to gather, share and provide a showcase for rigorous, relevant research within financial planning, as well as disciplines that directly or indirectly relate to the financial planning body of knowledge or financial planning practice.
The Steering Committee welcomes completed papers on topics that relate directly or indirectly to financial planning practice/the financial planning body of knowledge. Abstracts will not be considered as sufficient for submission. Authors will have the opportunity to indicate their preference if the paper should be presented by Poster, Presentation or a Panel Discussion.
- April 1st,2023: Submissions will open
- May 31st, 2023: Submission deadline (completed manuscripts)
- July 31ST, 2023: Primary contact person on all submissions will be notified if their paper is accepted for presentation or Poster presentation.
- August 10th, 2023: At minimum one presenting author must be registered for the Conference (see below on Hybrid Conference).
Journal DUAL SUBMISSION:
This year, authors will have the opportunity to dually submit completed papers for consideration not only for the conference, but to be featured in a future issue of leading academic journals in Financial Planning, including but not limited to the Financial Services Review (AFS), the Financial Planning Research Journal (FPA Australia), the Journal of Financial Planning (FPA USA) and the Financial Planning Review (CFP Board). The full list of participating Journals will be available when authors submit, allowing the selection of their first and second choice Journals for consideration.
HYBRID VIRTUAL & FACE-TO-FACE CONFERENCE:
The Academy of Financial Services is proud to have academic, student and practitioner members and Board of Directors members from multiple countries – USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and more. In respect of our international membership and concerns about climate change, we are excited to announce our intention to make this the first “hybrid research conference” supporting both face-to-face attendance in Phoenix and virtual attendance of both presenters and attendees.
With the Phoenix location, AFS hopes to schedule academic presentations from New Zealand and Australia at 8:00am local-Sydney/3PM Phoenix time and presentations from the UK at 3:00pm local (GMT) and 8:00am Phoenix time. Sessions will be recorded to allow attendees to access sessions that are not streamed at suitable times in their location, at their own convenience. As a result of the hybrid format, we welcome submissions and participation from our colleagues globally. The Steering Committee is working with CFP® affiliates in Canada, Australia and elsewhere to ensure maximum exposure of research to practitioners.
2023 DOCTORAL SEMINAR CALL FOR PAPERS
The AFS Doctoral Seminar offers the opportunity for PhD students in Financial Planning and Related Disciplines to receive constructive critique on their research presentations and for students and junior faculty to gain insights on professional practice from more experienced faculty. To submit, select “Doctoral Seminar” option during the submission process and submit your letter of recommendation to DoctoralSeminar@financialacademy.org.
2023 BEST PAPER AWARDS
The Academy of Financial Services is pleased to announce some of the best paper award opportunities for the Advanced Research in Financial Planning Conference. Additional detail on awards will be posted before submissions open:
- The Academy of Financial Services Emerging Scholar Best Paper Award will recognize the faculty member in their first five years in a faculty position, tenure-track or not, with the best research paper that directly or indirectly relates to financial planning practice. Authors who are in their first five years of a faculty position, tenure-track or not and regardless of academic focus, are eligible for this award.
- Multiple Best Paper Awards that recognize the best papers that relate directly or indirectly to financial planning practice/financial planning body of knowledge.
- Best Poster/Paper Award recognizes the best paper presented by though a Poster that relate directly or indirectly to financial planning practice/financial planning body of knowledge.
Please submit your paper or abstract on the 2023 AFS submission webpage which will be linked to a Submission Portal after April 1st. You will be required to upload a blind copy of the PDF in addition to a regular copy containing author information. The cover page of the regular copy should contain the names, addresses, and institutional affiliations of all authors with one author listed as the primary contact person. The blind copy should not contain any author identifying information on the PDF itself. The cover page of both versions should also list whether the submission should be considered for a paper/poster presentation or panel discussion. Each submission will be reviewed anonymously by at least two peer reviewers.
For more information:
- Email: Conference@academyfinancial.org
- Visit: AFS Conference
Start a proposal
To start a proposal for this call, first sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.