NASIG 2023 Call for Proposals - 38th Annual Conference
NASIG is soliciting proposals for its 38th Annual Conference, to be held May 22nd - May 25th, 2023, in Pittsburgh, PA. We are currently seeking in-person presentations. NASIG Conference presenters and attendees will be expected to follow hotel Covid safety protocols. This is an in-person conference, but NASIG will also be offering a virtual conference at a later date in 2023. An announcement with more information about the virtual conference is expected soon.
All presentations will be delivered in-person. Proposals are for one-hour conference sessions on topics related the areas defined in NASIG’s Core Competencies, including:
- Electronic resource life cycle and management
- Collection analysis, assessment, and development
- Licensing and legal framework of library content
- Ethical Issues in technical services
- Standards and systems of cataloging and classification, metadata, linked data, and indexing
- Standards, initiatives, and best practices for library content
- Scholarly communication, including copyright, data management, and assessment and impact metrics
- Institutional repositories, publishing, digital preservation, open educational resources, and open access
- Life cycle and workflow of print continuing resources
- Relationship building between libraries, vendors, publishers, standards bodies, and others involved in the information community
- Supervision and management of staff working in areas relevant to NASIG
- Management of projects related to electronic and/or print resources or scholarly communication
- Initiatives and best practices in areas included in the core competencies and awareness of trends and ongoing developments in those areas
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in relation to libraries
Each session should include approximately 30-45 minutes of content, with remaining time for discussion.
Co-presenters are welcomed, but we ask that you limit submissions to no more than three presenters. Presenters may be asked to combine sessions with other presenters on similar topics.
Information about submitting a proposal and access to and FAQ and a submission rubric are available at the Proposal Resources page.
All presenters will be asked to publish a conference report in the NASIG Proceedings. Additional information for speakers can be found on the NASIG speaker resources page.
Proposals are selected by the Program Planning Committee based on their relevance to NASIG member interests. Accepted presenters will be offered a $100 discount on the cost of Early Bird in-person registration for the conference.
Please submit all proposals using the online form at https://proposalspace.com/calls/d/1467. The submission deadline is December 02, 2022.
Calls for Spotlights Sessions and Great Ideas poster sessions will be forthcoming. Presenters at these sessions do not qualify for discounted registration.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Planning Committee (PPC) Co-Chairs, Sarah Dennis and Jennifer Zuccaro, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NASIG is an independent organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models. Visit http://www.nasig.org/ for more information.
This call is no longer accepting submissions. For a list of calls that are currently open in ProposalSpace, check out our active calls page.