2022 Call for SROA Abstracts
2022 Call for Abstracts for Workshops & Posters
39th Annual Meeting of the Society for Radiation Oncology Administrators
October 23-26, 2022
Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk
San Antonio, TX
Deadline: February 24, 2022 at 11:59pmEST
Please use the official SROA Abstract Template. You will be asked to re-submit if you use any other format. The document can be found here: DOWNLOAD ABSTRACT TEMPLATE
The Society for Radiation Oncology Administrators (SROA) is a professional membership association representing the greatest expertise in the fields of radiation oncology management and administration. Our strength comes from the interactions with and communication among our members. We invite you to share your knowledge, skills, experiences, and expertise with your colleagues by presenting a workshop at the 2022 SROA Annual Meeting.
Our members and the SROA community represent a vast array of knowledge and experience – we owe it to one another to use this time together to share our expertise. The Society believes these interactive relationships and shared knowledge benefit not only the members, but the oncology profession generally, and ultimately the cancer patients we serve.
In response to the positive comments received at past conferences, the Program Committee has organized the workshops into five tracks; we have listed a few topic ideas under each track that would be of interest to SROA meeting attendees. Please understand, workshop organizers are not limited to the listed topics; any abstract that addresses a topic of interest for radiation oncology administrators is welcomed.
In order to be considered for CE credits, a session must be a total time of 60 minutes (including questions). Presentations must be 45-55 minutes in length with 5-15 minutes allowed for questions accordingly. If you believe that 60 minutes is not sufficient time to cover all of the material in your presentation, you may submit a second abstract for a continuation of the presentation. Speakers must agree to provide a PDF of their slides or a handout with relevant information in order to be selected.
We have five tracks for presentations including:
“Business & Leadership” provides new and more experienced administrators with information on topics such as financial management, human resource management and planning.
Some topic ideas:
- Physician recruitment & staffing
- How to manage people when working with different generations and cultures
- Doing more with less/efficiency
- Balancing the need for staff learning and competency when faced with high volumes, increasing workloads, advancing technology and burnout due to lowered reimbursement and hospital budgets
- Contract Negotiations
“Technology, Clinical & Ancillary Services” provides attendees with information and insights into leading-edge services, equipment, and systems.
Some topic ideas:
- EMR and the Importance of an IT Designate Now More Than Ever
- Use of PetCT in Radiation Oncology
- Proton Therapy
- Keeping up with technological advancements
“Payer Trends” addresses the complexities of radiation oncology financial reimbursement.
Some topic ideas:
- Keeping up to date on billing changes, APM changes, and associated reimbursement changes
- RO APM
- Managing the ongoing issues with pre-authorizing treatments for patients and changes to billing & coding
- Understanding the changing reimbursement landscape, (ie; bundled payments, APM, etc.) with usable, valuable data and how to use that data
- The balance between hypofractionation and payments and reimbursement
“Quality & Safety” addresses areas such as quality management, benchmarking, performance measurement, corporate compliance activities, and safety.
Some topic ideas:
- How to meet patient satisfaction with budget cuts
- Defining staffing benchmark
- How to create staff culture for patient-centered care
- Adaptive planning in a changing environment
- Physician burn-out
- Evaluating the appropriate dollar value in disease management reimbursement
- Keeping up with changes
"Nursing" addresses areas such as Clinical Flow, Patient Education, Survivorship, Patient Engagement, Triage, Multi-disciplinary Clinics, Patient Care Management. Topic ideas include:
- The role of Nurse Practitioners in Radiation Oncology practices
- Nurse Navigators
- Nursing models in Radiation Oncology (team sport vs. primary RN/MD pairings, etc.)
- RN staffing and professional development
Check out this resource on guidelines for submitting a nursing abstract. Click here.
All submissions are scored by blind review by the SROA 2022 Program Committee.
Please consider taking advantage of this golden opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise at our 39th Annual Meeting.
- Please submit your abstract online to the SROA by February 24, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST. An individual may not submit more than three abstracts for consideration.
- Those selected to present a workshop are expected to attend the meeting in person, and pay a discounted registration fee to attend. If this is not possible you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate options.
- Sponsorship or SROA membership is not required to submit an abstract.
- Speakers must agree to provide a PDF of their slides or a handout with relevant information in order to be selected.
- An abstract must be completed in full for consideration. Changes made to the submitted abstract, including, but not limited to, change or addition of speakers, change of topic, or new materials, must be submitted for review.
- We are currently planning for a live meeting in San Antonio and encourage abstract submissions for a live presentation. However, we will be monitoring the situation closely in the months ahead and we ask that potential workshop speakers be prepared to pre-record their presentation should we be required to move the meeting to a virtual format. Announcements will be issued regarding the status of the meeting in plenty of time to accommodate travel planning.
Start an abstract
To start an abstract for this call, first sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.