NASIG 2020 Call for Proposals - 35th Annual Conference
North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG)
NASIG is soliciting proposals for its 35th Annual Conference, to be held June 8-12, 2020, in Spokane, WA.
NASIG seeks proposals for one-hour conference sessions on topics related to scholarly communication and publishing, and the acquisition, management, and discovery of library collections. We particularly welcome proposals related to the areas defined in NASIG’s Core Competencies, including:
- Electronic resource life cycle and management
- Collection analysis, assessment, and development
- Licensing and legal framework of library content
- Standards and systems of cataloging and classification, metadata, linked data, and indexing
- Standards, initiatives, and best practices for library content
- Scholarly communication, including copyright, data management, and assessment and impact metrics
- Institutional repositories, publishing, digital preservation, open educational resources, and open access
- Life cycle and workflow of print continuing resources
- Relationship building between libraries, vendors, publishers, standards bodies, and others involved in the information community
- Supervision and management of staff working in areas relevant to NASIG
- Management of projects related to electronic and/or print resources or scholarly communication
- Initiatives and best practices in areas included in the core competencies and awareness of trends and ongoing developments in those areas
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in relation to libraries
Each 1-hour session should include approximately 45-50 minutes of content, with time left for discussion. Presentations are selected by the Program Planning Committee based on their relevance to NASIG interests. Co-presenters are welcomed, but we ask that you limit submissions to no more than three presenters. All presenters will be asked to publish a conference report in the NASIG Proceedings, which will be published through the journal Serials Librarian. Additional information for speakers can be found on our speaker resources page.
Accepted presenters will be offered a $100 discount on the cost of registration.
The submission deadline has been extended to Monday, December 2, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Planning Committee (PPC) Co-Chairs, Wendy Robertson and Megan Kilb, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NASIG is an independent organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models. Visit http://www.nasig.org/ for more information.
This call is no longer accepting submissions. For a list of calls that are currently open in ProposalSpace, check out our active calls page.