CANP 43rd Annual Educational Conference - Call for Abstracts
California Association for Nurse Practitioners (CANP)
The California Association for Nurse Practitioners (CANP) invites abstract submissions for its 43rd Annual Educational Conference, scheduled for March 19-22, 2020 at the Riverside Convention Center.
Consistent with CANP’s mission of serving as the unifying voice and networking forum for nurse practitioners, providing expert guidance and advancing the nurse practitioner profession statewide, the Annual Educational Conference aims to provide a curriculum that is in alignment with these goals.
CANP invites the submission of abstracts addressing a wide variety of subspecialty areas including, but not limited to:
Acute Care, Adult Health, Alternative Medicine, Bioethics, Cardiovascular, Dermatology, Diabetes, Endocrine, Emergency, Gastrointestinal, Geriatrics, Hematology, Infectious Disease, Leadership, Men’s Health, Neurological, Oncology, Pain Management, Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Practice Management, Psychosocial Health, Pulmonary, Reproductive, Respiratory, STDs, Surgical, Symptom Management and Women’s Health.
The Annual Educational Conference is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). AANP requires specific forms to be included in all abstract submissions. During the submission process, you may see forms that contain AANP's header. These forms may not be modified and must be downloaded, completed and uploaded as part of your abstract submission.
As outlined in the CANP Call for Abstracts You will need the following information to complete your abstract submission:
- Speaker Information
- Contact information including first name, last name, credentials, mailing address, phone number and email address for all speakers (CANP allows up to three speakers for each session).
- A biography, including the speaker’s educational and practice background and how their background and experience directly relates to their qualifications to present on the proposed topic.
- The biography must not exceed 150 words.
- CVs are not accepted in place of a biography.
- Completed required forms below (download and complete for each speaker).
- Abstract Information
- Title of abstract
- Abstract in 250 words or less
- A brief (25 words or less) summary of the presentation for agenda and marketing materials
- Objectives for presentation
- Pharmacology content and percentage of presentation
- Presentation Information
- Presentations Materials: Speakers are required to submit a copy of their PowerPoint presentation for both oral and poster presentations.
- PowerPoint files must be labeled in the following format: First Name, Last Name and Topic in all capital letters (example: JOAN SMITH – EMERGENCY ROOM TRAUMA).
- Sample PowerPoint
- Monday, July 22, 2019 - Abstract submissions are due.
- Monday, August 26, 2019 - Presenters are notified if their abstract was accepted or not, and of their presentation date and time if their proposal is accepted.
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - Final PowerPoint presentations due. Speakers/Sessions that do not submit their presentations by this date will be canceled.
- Thursday, March 19 - Sunday, March 22, 2020 - Annual Educational Conference
For additional information and frequently asked questions, please visit CANP's website to review the 2020 Call for Abstracts.
This call is no longer accepting submissions. For a list of calls that are currently open in ProposalSpace, check out our active calls page.