Call for Abstracts: Eighth Annual Jewell and Carl F Emswiller Interprofessional Symposium
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Center for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Care
We invite you to submit an abstract for the Eighth Annual Jewell and Carl F. Emswiller Interprofessional Symposium: Building Team Skills for Collaborative Practice to be held on Saturday, February 29, 2019 in Richmond, Virginia.
All abstract submissions will undergo peer review. Abstracts must be submitted electronically before stated deadlines and include the following:
- Presentation Title
- Submission Type: interactive workshop, oral presentation, poster
- Project Type: educational or practice-based research/innovation
- Learning Objectives: If submitting an interactive workshop or oral presentation, then list 2-5 learning objectives.
- Synopsis/Brief Description (< 30 words)
- Complete Abstract (< 300 words)
- Presenter(s) and/or other contributors: names, contact information
An abstract may be submitted for one type, but may be accepted as another following review. For example, submissions for oral presentations may be accepted as posters.
Submission Types and Deadlines
1. Interactive Workshops [CLOSED Friday, October 4, 2019 at 5:00 PM ET]
- 60-minute workshops and panels will engage participants in learning activities and discussion focused on evidence-based interventions to improve interprofessional education and collaborative practice.
- Submissions should include a detailed agenda or plan for session activities. Structure your abstract as follows:
- Content and Teaching Strategies
- To meet continuing education requirements, all interactive workshop presentation materials (e.g.: slides, handouts, etc.) must be submitted by Wednesday, January 8, 2020 (5:00 PM ET).
2. Oral Presentations [CLOSED Friday, October 4, 2019 at 5:00 PM ET]
- Oral presentations will consist of a 15-minute talk plus 5 minutes for Q&A. These submissions should describe a research study that will be completed by the time of the symposium or an innovation in interprofessional education or collaborative practice.
- Structure your abstract as follows:
- To meet continuing education requirements, all oral presentation materials (e.g.: slides, handouts, etc.) must be submitted by Wednesday, January 8, 2020 (5:00 PM ET).
3. Posters - Submission Deadline: Friday, November 1, 2019 at 5:00 PM ET
- Posters will be displayed throughout the day-long symposium. Presenters will be expected to stand with their poster for a 45-minute session to interact with participants and discuss their work. Poster submissions can also describe an innovation in interprofessional education or collaborative practice or a research study and may include works in progress. Please structure your abstract as follows:
Contact Kelly Lockeman, Ph.D, Course Director, Jewell and Carl F. Emswiller Interprofessional Symposium.
This call is no longer accepting submissions. For a list of calls that are currently open in ProposalSpace, check out our active calls page.