2020 Research Institute Presentations and Poster Submissions
American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA)
Instructions to submit a presentation or poster for the Research Institute:
Practitioners, students, and educators are invited to submit research abstracts and posters for the 2020 Research Institute, which is held during the ATRA conference. Proposals and cover pages for the Research Institute are due March 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (EST).
Proposals for Oral Presentations should represent completed research projects, or research with enough waves of analyzed data to confidently present current significance of findings and anticipated trajectories.
Proposals for the Poster Sessions can be submitted in one of three categories: (1) Research; (2) Research to Practice; or (3) Practice.
Please Note the Following:
- Content of all proposals must be applicable to recreational therapy practice. All proposals should include a section header dedicated to implications for recreational therapy practice.
- Speaker discounts will be awarded to first authors of all proposals accepted to the Research Institute.
- All proposals must be submitted through Proposal Space at the following link:
- If you are submitting multiple proposals (in the same or separate categories), please be sure that the findings are distinct enough to warrant separate submissions.
- You must complete a new submission through Proposal Space for each presentation and/or poster you would like to be reviewed.
- You may not submit the same proposal to be considered as a presentation and a poster.
- You should only submit a proposal if you, or one of the authors, is planning to attend the ATRA conference to present your findings.
- Late submissions will not be accepted unless ATRA extends the deadline for everyone.
- For poster presenters: If accepted, at least one author must be present and standing by their poster throughout the duration of the conference poster session. If an individual is an author on more than one poster, they will need to confirm that a co-author(s) listed on the proposal is available to present the additional poster(s).
- Proposals that do not include a cover page and/or are not formatted correctly (see requirements below and on submission cover page) will not be reviewed.
- Oral Presentation and Poster Proposals may not exceed one-page of text (Times New Roman, 12-point font, single spaced, 1” margins), excluding Tables and References. Tables and Figures may not exceed one-page in length.
- A title (left justified and bold) should appear at the top of the page. Author name(s), credentials, and affiliations should appear on a single line, immediately following the title.
- Oral presentation proposals must use standard abstract headers (e.g., Introduction, Methods, Results). Poster proposals must use abstract headers reflective of the criteria required of the poster category you are submitting to (e.g., Intro, Methods, Results should be used for Research posters; Program overview, Program goals, Assessment should be used for Practice posters).
- Note: A cover page will be required and should be submitted with your proposal. Please log in to Proposal Space for more information about what this involves. APA (6th) format is required of all proposals, including citations, references, tables and figures. Proposals that do not include a cover page and/or are not formatted correctly will not be reviewed.
Questions about the Research Institute should be directed to Megan Janke: JANKEM@ecu.edu.
Start a proposal
To start a proposal for this call, sign in to your ProposalSpace account.
Don't have an account? Register for free.