CalSAE 2019-2020 Call for Education Programs
California Society of Association Executives (CalSAE)
Share your knowledge! CalSAE offers educational programs year-round led by association professionals, consultants, and our industry partners. Be one of our content leaders!
California Society of Association Executives (CalSAE) is where association professionals based in California come together for learning and networking. We love "what if..." thinking, as well as the practical "how-to's" (at a high-level).
Our Education Opportunities:
- Seasonal Spectacular | December 16-17, 2019 | Sacramento, CA
- ELEVATE Annual Conference | April 27-29, 2020 | Santa Rosa, CA (Sonoma County)
- Membership & Marketing Summit | June 2020 | Sacramento, CA
- Regional Education - Quarterly in Bay Area, Capital, San Diego, Southern California
Insider Tips for Your Proposal
- Content is king – Especially for ELEVATE since the initial review will be “blind,” meaning that your name, company, or bio won’t get you through as they won’t be revealed until later in the process.
- Make it compelling – CalSAE audiences are typically composed of non-profit association executives, their staff, and industry partners who run the gamut from hotel sales managers to professional services providers and consultants. Learning levels are diverse, with the majority of participants being high-level/theoretical to mid-level/practical.
- Be authentic and vulnerable – Speak of failure as well as success.
- Challenge yourself – If it’s canned, it’s Spam and not the gourmet experience we’re looking for.
- Knowledge sharing is the most effective marketing – Our participants are savvy professionals. Sales pitches disguised as education will result in poor ratings and lost opportunities.
- Be interactive – Our programs are a terrific opportunity to learn from participants as they learn from you and from each other.
- CAE credit available here! CalSAE is an approved CAE provider.
Honorarium & Travel Reimbursement
- Note that honorariums are not provided for most CalSAE events. Travel stipends may be provided for those without the financial support of their company and who are traveling a long distance to participate. Please indicate any special requests in your proposal.
- ELEVATE & Summit -- Educators selected through the Call for Education Programs receive discounted registration and are encouraged to participate in other programs during the conference.
Submitting Your Proposal
- Create a ProposalSpace account if you don't already have one.
- Up to five proposals can be submitted per person (as primary).
- Complete both the "Content" and "Persons" forms in order to submit.
- Be sure to select "Submit This Proposal." You'll know you've successfully completed the process when the receipt screen appears.
***Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, July 10, 2019.***
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience!
This call is no longer accepting submissions. For a list of calls that are currently open in ProposalSpace, check out our active calls page.